The town centre with fisherman’s houses and corsair houses, its church (marriage of Louis XIV and Maria Theresa of Austria), its fishing harbour (tuna, sardine, anchovy), its bay and panoramas (Ste Barbe), la Pile d’Assiettes etc….
Tourist town with its history, pedestrian streets, traditional market, beaches of the centre of Saint Jean de Luz , up to the district of ACOTZ. Town along the Basque coast, offering unforgettable sunsets on the ocean.
City on the Basque coast, where the sunsets over the ocean are unforgettable. Access all the wonders of the city of Saint Jean de Luz from our camping Saint Jean de Luz, where you will spend a holiday in a destination full of splendour.
– Rue gambetta : main pedestrian street of Saint Jean de Luz, at the very heart of the town centre, with various shops and its classified church, its galleries, where the marriage of Louis XIV and Maria Theresa of Austria took place in 1660.
– Place louis XIV : meeting place for all generations, to dance, listen to music concerts, have a drink or the famous Toro de Fuego
– The harbour : famous for the various fishing of the 15th century[/boldNblack]: cod, wale and then tuna, sardine and anchovy. At the start of the 20th century, various fish factories develop, which explains the flood of local, Breton and Spanish populations.
– [boldNred]Ciboure : part of Urrugne that became independent after the urbanisation and industrialisation, sites like the birth house of Maurice Ravel[/boldNblack, the Puits des Récollets (cloister), the old fountain, its church with the unique Basque bell tower, the Bordagain tower
– [boldNred]Socoa : its fortress that joins the land by the dike built by Vauban, the fine sand beach that is protected by the dikes of the bay of St Jean de Luz.